The club is run by the committee in an informal and friendly way following the rules and guidelines laid out in our constitution.
Thatcham Photographic Club
1. The name of the Association shall be Thatcham Photographic Club (hereinafter called "the Club"). The Club's aims shall be to provide an environment for discussion and sharing views of a photographic nature and shall also extend to encouraging and helping in the improvement of all photographic techniques and knowledge of all the members including the ad hoc tuition of such subjects by members and guests to the membership. Non-member speakers and guests can be invited, at the discretion of the committee, to attend and participate in club meetings to further advance the foregoing aims of the club, whereupon their expenses and modest fees can be paid for their services at the discretion of the committee.
2. The Club will be run by a Management Committee and will consist of a Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary and at least four other Members. Only the post of Chairman to be appointed by the paid up members voting on such nominations as are received in writing by the committee secretary prior to the Annual General Meeting. At the Club's Annual General Meeting to be held in January each year, ordinary members will be voted onto the committee by the paid up members and the Chairman and the ordinary committee members will appoint the other officers. In the event of a Committee Member resigning the Committee are allowed to recruit a replacement subject to confirmation by the membership at the next Club Meeting. The Committee also reserve the right to consult with ex-officio members with particular expertise.
3. The Club shall usually meet on a twice monthly basis on dates to be determined or on additional dates as deemed necessary.
4. The Committee shall meet on at least three occasions during any one year, its purpose being to determine fees and other matters of administration and if necessary make recommendations to the Annual General meeting. Any changes to the fee structure can only be made at the Annual General Meeting.
5. Bank accounts shall be operated in the name of the Club. Cheques and other withdrawals shall be made on the signature of the Treasurer plus one other from either the Chairman or the appointed Committee Member, subject to their acceptance by the Bank. The accounting year shall run from 1st January to 31st December and arrangements made to have the Accounts independently audited.
6. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the day to day administration of the Club's Accounts including the checking of invoices, preparation of cheques, and for maintaining the income and expenditure ledger. The Treasurer shall present a financial report at all Committee meetings and present the audited accounts to the Annual General Meeting for approval. The Committee will be responsible for appointing the Auditor.
7. The Club will provide public indemnity insurance and renew this on an annual basis.
8. The Club shall be run as a not for profit organization, this will not exclude activities primarily designed to raise funds for the club's general fund or charity.
9. All monies received shall be devoted to the objectives of the Club and shall be paid into a bank account in the name of the Club at a bank approved by the Management Committee.
10. No representative of the Committee shall receive payment either directly or indirectly for services to the Club other than legitimate expenses incurred in the work of the Club.
11. Any matter not provided for in the Constitution and concerning the organisation and activities of the Club shall be dealt with by the Committee, whose decision shall be final.
12. Any alteration or addition to this Constitution can only be made at the Annual General Meeting on the recommendation of the Committee or at a Club Meeting with at least 30% of fully paid up members in attendance if at least two weeks prior notice of the amendment has been given to all members in writing by Royal Mail or electronically by e-mail and posted on the club forum.
13. In the event of the Club being disbanded the balance of any funds will be donated to a Charity or Charities as determined by the Committee. The Treasurer to be responsible for settling any outstanding invoices and closing the Club's Accounts.
14. The committee may call an extraordinary annual general meeting at any time between normal annual general meetings to resolve issues of such a nature that the general view of the club membership is needed to decide that matter. Any such extraordinary annual general meeting will require 14 days advance notification to all paid up members by Royal Mail or electronically via email and posted on the club forum.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Name of Committee
Thatcham Photographic Club Committee
Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary plus at least four other Club Members
Chairman and at least four other Members to be elected annually at the Club's Annual General Meeting by ballot if necessary.
At least three times a year on dates to be determined
30% of members
All other committee members are eligible to vote.
In the event of a tied vote, the current status will prevail, with no changes implemented.
To oversee the running of the Club.
Minutes to be distributed to all members of the Management Committee.