The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European privacy law that came into effect on May 25, 2018. It sets forth new rules governing how organisations may collect, store, and use personal data pertaining to and/or originating from individuals in the EU.
By the definitions set forth within GDPR, Thatcham Photographic Club (TPC) is a data controller on behalf of its membership.
The principal information held, and therefore covered by this policy, includes your name and contact details (address, email address and telephone numbers). This personal information is available for you to cancel, review or update on application to the Treasurer at the following email address: email@example.com
TPC may also hold personal information about anyone in contact with us for the purpose of conducting the club's general activities.
TPC collects and uses personal information for the following purposes:
- to contact any member if needed
- to collect annual fees for both TPC and PAGB (Photographic Association of Great Britain)
- to circulate newsletters or other material deemed to be of interest to members
We do not share your Personal Information with other members, companies or organisations without your consent.
In January each year your information is printed onto individual membership renewal forms so that you can review, update or remove information as required. We will ask you to sign your form as an acknowledgement that you have reviewed the information and it is accurate. The forms are stored securely.
- Records will normally be held for a minimum of 8 years.
- TPC may retain historical archives indefinitely, for example but not limited to satisfy a requested service or a contractual requirement.